I read an article in Newsweek (sorry I cant find the article directly online to link to you, but I bet if you googled longer than I did, you could find it, Im just at work on my lunch break) this week (December 16) about a girl named Jenni McCormack. The present day Roe V Wade is what they called her situation. She made a decision to terminate a pregnancy which she thought about, and made with conviction. Her state is tearing her apart for it-- Personally. I feel for her, and wish I was closer to her, to support her, to talk to her, or MOSTLY listen to her. Sometimes someone presented with a situation like hers just needs someone to listen to her.
I cant imagine being shut out of the world, no help, no one talking to you, no aid, not even being able to get a job. Most would say-- Well move-- and maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Its not always easy. I wonder if anyone else feels like they can identify with her, and agree that she should be able to make whatever decision she sees fit in her struggling situation. What was bad before in her life is even worse.
It makes me sad that other people can justify themselves by acting this way about another human beings choice, like they should be allowed to tell her what choice to make, whether those choices would even be right or wrong is anyone's guess! It's just unreal to me... We are all individual human beings, with nothing that connects us but ideals pushed on us by other people. When it comes down to it, we are alone in the worlds, our minds are our own, no one else is in them. No one else can know what you're thinking, unless you tell them, and even then the general world population would JUDGE YOU before they respect you. This poor girl. If I could hug her I would.
No comments:
Post a Comment